Assistant Restaurant General Manager
Barton G. the Restaurant Chicago - Management
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The assistant restaurant general manager is responsible for front of house operations, which includes taking a hands-on approach in the day-to-day operations. As a senior level manager, the assistant restaurant manager will collaborate with other members of management to continuously increase name brand recognition while maintaining exceptional customer service. Reports directly to the General Manager and assumes full responsibility in his/her absence.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as liaison between front of house and kitchen staff.
• Manage P&L
• Collaborates with other managers to grow name brand.
• Partners with human resources in all matters regarding labor management.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Oversees portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste and control costs.
FOOD SAFETY & PLANNING
• Partners with chefs and other restaurant managers for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
• Responsible for liquor and wine inventories.
• Ensures restaurant complies with all health and safety regulations.
• Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience.
• Resolves customer complaints in a timely manner.
• Ensures all staff members are trained up to standards and trained within a timely manner.
• Evaluates individual employee performance to determine areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement.
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in hotel/restaurant management is required.
• Minimum ten years’ experience in fine dining is required.
• Proven ability to grow company brand.
• Demonstrated ability to handling difficult customer complaints to include taking preventative action to minimize future complaints.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience as an Assistant Restaurant General Manager